National Programme for
Training of Scientists & Technologists working in Govt. sector
National Training Policy, 1996 mandates all Government Departments to prepare training programmes of its functionaries at the cutting edge. National Science & Technology Policy, 2003, in consonance with National Training Policy, inter-alia enunciates to meet the challenges of National development and International competitiveness through training.
2. The need to face challenges of globalization, rapid scientific & technological change, economical & social transformations taking place globally, extensive use of S&T for sustainable growth to meet the rising expectations of the citizens, there existed a need for exposure of scientists to management concepts, multi-disciplinary scientific knowledge to super emerging areas on S&T, cross-sectoral networking and knowledge of science administration in view of the under mentioned points of training policy.
- A conscious policy for the development of human resource would require to be fostered for meeting the challenges of development - social, economic and political.
- Sensitivity to emerging political and social concerns, modernity in thinking, organisational motivation and re-orientation in the attitudes and administrative culture would require specifically focused training programmes.
- Training is one of the effective and tested tools for performance enhancement, as well as upgradation of knowledge and skills of the personnel.
- Training has an added relevance for inculcating confidence in the scientists to enable them to come up to the expectation of the nation in the context of rapid technological changes and the economic, political and social transformation taking place globally.
3. Considering the importance of convergent & synergetic approach in management of science and technology in the changing Global scenario, Department of Science & Technology considered essential to have a comprehensive umbrella training programme for Scientists and Technologists working in Govt. and Govt. institutions covering important and practical aspect of science and technology in the field of general management, financial management, public administration, inter disciplinary dimensions of modern techno-scientific development, super specialized discipline and multi-disciplinary areas.
To empower scientists & technologists with right kind of capabilities and make them sensitive to the dynamics of development and responsive to the socio-economic aspirations of citizens of the country with holistic and structured in-service training programme cutting across the sectors.
Training shall strive to achieve the following objectives:
- Promoting better understanding of professional requirements as well as organizations to socio-economic and political environment;
- Keeping up-to-date and enhancing professional knowledge and skills needed for better performance of individuals and organizations in the profession of science and technology;
- Creating awareness of latest technological, economic and social developments and infusion of scientific temper in the society;
- Generating responsiveness to the challenging needs of the democratic system and expectations of the citizens from the scientific and technological developments;
- Providing structured forum for peer to peer interaction, experience sharing and exchange of views among the scientific community for better networking and synergy.
Targets under the Scheme are Scientists/Technologists working in the Department & Ministries of Central Govts., Public sector Units, Govt. Aided Research Institutes, Govt. Research Laboratories and Scientists/ Technologists working in State Governments. The Scientists and Academicians from Central and State Universities, Educational Institutions & Colleges, engaged in R&D in any discipline of Science & Technology, are also target under the scheme for one week and two weeks training programme. Scientists having completed minimum two years of service in Group ‘A’ and having two years of service left are eligible for the programmes.
SHRI P N PRASAD
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE
TEL NO.: 011-26524941/26590565
EMAIL : prithwi dot np at nic dot in
SHRI RAJIV MAHENDRU
SECRETARY GOVT. OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,
EMAIL: r dot mahendru at nic dot in
SHRI DEV PRAKASH
SECTION OFFICER (TRAINING)
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND
TEL FAX- 011-26590340
EMAIL : trngcell dot dst
at nic dot in